- The word "Chiropractic" is derived from the Greeks and it means "treatment by hand"
- Chiropractic is currently the third largest primary health care discipline in North America.
- Chiropractors are primary healthcare practitioners which means that you do not need a referral from a Medical Doctor to make an appointment.
- Chiropractors treat patients without the use of drugs or surgery, and refer patients for medical care when necessary.
- Chiropractic approaches healthcare from a holistic point of view, meaning that the entire body must be considered in the treatment of a patient, not just the ailing part. Prevention of disease is also emphasized as opposed to waiting for disease to occur and then trying to cure it.
- Currently, to receive a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, a student requires 3 years of study at the university level followed by 4 years at an accredited Chiropractic College.